MOEX Russia Index – 5 year
My thoughts and findings
- Any kind of conflict is going to cause multiple emotions in the markets.
- Russia may exhaust its resources starting this war, including sanctions , currencies , commodities etc.
- I’m sure the government has already foreseen this from happening.
- Understanding commodities can be a good hedge in situations like this. (Will need to work on this)
- As much as I would like to buy the “drop” in this situation. I do not want to catch a falling knife. Furthermore we do not know how long this war will escalate.
- I still think the Russian markets are not safe at all
- I would really like to know more about the Ukrainian markets.
VanEck Russia ETF
I have always been intrigued by the Russian economy but understand about its “Shadow Economy”. The RSX ETF has always been stagnant and I have been observing it for around 5 years. Was contemplating to buy the dip but its too early to speculate and didn’t want to risk catching a falling knife.
Bonds have a high yield and we can see investors dumping Russian bonds.